Call for Entries!
NOTE: THIS CALL FOR ENTRIES WAS FOR CROSSROADS 2014. FOR CROSSROADS 2015 SUBMISSION INFORMATION, GO TO THIS PAGE.
San Francisco Cinematheque announces
CROSSROADS 2014, April 3–6, 2014
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Founded by filmmaker Bruce Baillie in 1961, San Francisco Cinematheque is the Bay Area’s premier venue for avant-garde/experimental, underground and personally expressive film and video work. In its steadfast dedication to exhibiting works of aesthetically radical cinema from all historical eras and geo-political locales, Cinematheque celebrates the breadth and depth of this vibrant art form in all its myriad expressivities. Cinematheque seeks submissions of recent films and videos for CROSSROADS 2014, the fifth manifestation of our annual festival of recent and rediscovered film/video work. Occurring in April at in San Francisco’s Victoria Theatre, CROSSROADS 2014 will showcase new film/video works by emerging and established filmmakers, including performance and works of “live cinema.” Cinematheque seeks submissions of compelling non-commercial, artist-made work of all genres and durations.
• Submitted works must have been completed after January 1st, 2012.
• Exhibition Formats: CROSSROADS 2014 will (potentially) screen work in the following film/video formats: 8mm, Super-8mm, 16mm, 35mm, QuickTime ProRes and Blu-Ray. We also seek submissions of performance cinema works, installations and other para-cinematic forms. Please contact email@example.com with inquiries concerning additional exhibition formats or for more information.
• Entries are accepted on DVD and Blu–Ray formats or in the form of streaming online video.
• Entries in the form of streaming online video must be provided via online form. Entry via online submission form is strongly preferred for DVD entries. Access online submission form at www.sfcinematheque.org.
• Include one submission form with each work submitted.
• DVD/Blue-Ray submissions must be clearly labeled with the film title, filmmaker name(s) and contact email address.
• Please include a pre-paid, SASE with your submission if you would like submitted preview media to be returned.
• Early entry fee: $15 for each individual work (postmarked or link received by Dec. 15, 2013)
• Late entry fee: $20 for each individual film (postmarked or link received by Jan. 15, 2014)
• NOTE: Entry fee is waived for Cinematheque members. Find information about membership at www.sfcinematheque.org/about/membership/.
• Please make checks or money-orders payable in U.S. currency to: SAN FRANCISCO CINEMATHEQUE; electronic payments can be sent via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the button below.
• All entrants will be notified via email on the receipt of their work.
• Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
pictured above: Jodie mack—Dusty Stacks of Mom, presented as world premiere, CROSSROADS 2013