@ San Francisco Art Institute
Special Series - UNDERGROUND UNEARTHED!
Free Films on Sundays at 5:30 at SFAI
Here’s a chance to see famed but still underground classic (and some recent) avant-garde films, all programs under 75 minutes.
• Oct. 8 The End (1953) by Christopher MacLaine; Meshes of The Afternoon (1943) by Maya Deren & Alexander Hammid, Ritual In Transfigured Time (1946), A Study In Choreography for Camera(1945) all by Maya Deren
• Oct. 22 Bimbo’s Initiation (1933) by Dave Fleischer; Heaven & Earth Magic Feature (1950-60) by Harry Smith
• Nov. 12 Time Being (1991) by Gunvor Nelson; T,O,U,C,H,I,N,G, (1968) by Paul Sharits; Eat (1963) by Andy Warhol
• Dec. 3 Little Stabs At Happiness (1959-63) by Ken Jacobs; Hold Me While I’m Naked (1966, original Kodachrome print) by George Kuchar; Flaming Creatures (1963) by Jack Smith
• Dec. 17 The Children’s Party (1940s) by Larry Jordan & Joseph Cornell; The Blood of Jesus (1941) by Spencer Williams